Shirts 2.0 was a huge success!! So many shirts! So much cuteness!!
I really could not get them all in one picture!
These are some of the ones I made!
I received over 400 shirts, more than double round one. I’ve packaged them up and they’re spiriting off to places far and wide. Fifteen states and five countries participated!
Since Shirts 2.0 was such a success, we are doing version 3.0!! Same rules. New deadline. Here are the rules.
1. You will get back the same amount of shirts that you mail in. You can make five or five hundred. All the same fabric or different:)
2. Ship your shirts to me by November 1. If you’re international, try to ship by October 20:) Once you sign up, I’ll email you my address.
3. All shirts must come from a SMOKE FREE home.
4. You must include return postage. Please send a self addressed stamped envelope; it’s much easier for me.
5. If you’re international, I will send a PayPal request for return postage. You still must include a self addressed envelope.
6. When you mail your package, please attach a notecard to the inside of a gallon bag as shown. It should have the following info:
A. Your Name
B. Your Mailing Address
C. Your Email
D. How many shirts you sent.
E. Any special requests you have for the shirts you get back. (“I hate orange.” “Anything is great!” “No florals please.” “Masculine prints only.” “Love pink!”) I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to adhere to this, but I’ll try!!
7. There is a Flickr group to show off your shirts! Although in the first two rounds, most of the activity was on Instagram with the #allshirtsswap tag. I post updates to Instagram under the username “maychappell”.
A few details about the sewing!
1. Background is white or cream. It can be anything that fits in this family, but it must be quilt shop quality (Robert Kaufman Kona, Moda Bella, FreeSpirit Solids). Robert Kaufman Kona from Joann is acceptable too! (Robert Kaufman has confirmed that if it says Robert Kaufman Kona, it is the same.) It should be solid; no tone on tones or prints. Carolyn’s white on white crosshatch is also a go!
2. The shirt fabric is up to you! Use modern fun fabrics. No batiks or civil war prints please!
3. Remember to use a shorter stitch length and quality neutral thread. I use Aurifil, but it’s up to you. (Aurifil is pretty awesome though.) Make sure your seams are 1/4″!
4. Leave on your paper! And sign the back with your name, blog (if applicable) and location.
5. The finished shirts measure 5 1/2 x 5 1/2″ so make sure that you copy your patterns at 100%. Make sure the full 1/4″ is around the outside edge.
If your shirts don’t follow the rules, I’ll send them back to you.
Are you in?! SIGN UP here! Signing up is not a commitment to send shirts; it is just the list that I will send my mailing address to:)
And for those of you that need the pattern, just send an email to info at carolynfriedlander dot com to order it. She’ll happily ship internationally and is offering free shipping!
Want a button?! Here you go! Spread the word! Invite your friends!!
<a href=”http://www.maychappell.com/2014/07/18/shirts-2-0-recap-the-launch-of-shirts-3-0/” target=”_self”><img src=”http://www.maychappell.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/CFShirtButton.jpg” alt=”ShirtsSwapButton” width=”125″ height=”125″ /></a>
And don’t forget that you have just one more day to enter my Olfa GIVEAWAY! I’m off to make more shirts!